Monday, January 28, 2008

Sheep may safely graze


I have climbed out of my comfort zone and painted a picture for submission to hang at the new Churchill Hospital Cancer Centre. They are asking amongst other things for "positive and uplifting' and "sensitive to those working in and visiting the building".

My mother was treated for cancer at this hospital so this picture reflects how I felt at his time. She was in safe hands and being looked after. I was thinking of an aria by Bach of this name. The link plays the music and shows an idyllic painting of grazing sheep but for me the hedge allows the sheep to be safe. It is protection.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger MortimerBones said...

the hedge looks like a cage.. but I like the way the sheep look like eyes if you change your fixation point slightly.

1:57 pm  
Blogger Lorna said...

Believe in the hedge!

8:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home