Sunday, January 20, 2008

Visiting 'The Oxford Open'


Sunday lunch time and the 'Modern Art Oxford' gallery was heaving. A lot of people were interested in seeing this eclectic exhibition. I saw on the 'Review Board' in the restaurant that the local papers have publicized the exhibition and its' events but the national papers have given this exhibition a miss.

I think considering how very over subscribed it was the hanging was sympathetic. I was peeved to note that when it suited them they allowed some over-sized pieces. The catalogue only gave the artist's name and that of the work; I would have liked to have the media included. The quality of work, generally, was very good but not brilliant. I have done better but I am still thrilled to show my work. I hope to have another opportunity in the future.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger SueC said...

It is a shame that the fizz of this exhibition is limited to county. But I suppose it would otherwise have to compete with the likes of the RA open, but in this case, at least it was free. :-)

10:01 am  
Blogger Gwen Buchanan said...

Sensitive drawing

12:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home