Friday, December 21, 2007

'Modern Art Oxford'


Entry to 'The Oxford Open' Exhibition was unjuried at 'Modern Art Oxford'. So we arrived 40 minutes before the doors opened to find that there were around 30 people ahead . During the wait staff came along to measure our work to make sure we fulfilled the metre squared limit. We were amazed to see people bring in work well over size. Graham, Sue and I were interviewed for the local paper. I, as usual, lost all power of reasoned thought and gabled. We are in and for me this is the first time I have had a picture hung in a real gallery. On the news they said that there were over 400 entries for day one of submission.

My entry was 'The Ascension of the Malingerer". Click on the label below to see all the development work for this image.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger vivien said...

this is great - and I know what you mean about gabbling!!! I once froze for about 20 seconds (that felt like a lifetime) in a radio interview!

11:30 am  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Lorna,
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I want to tell you that I've book marked both this site and your photos. I'm crazy about your drawings. Your photos are very soulful. I'll "see" you around.

2:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home