Friday, March 12, 2010

Expressive Paint for 'Colour of Music'.






I am now stepping out into unknown territory with this painting. I painted the whole panel first in gold acrylic and then spread oil paint on top of the dry gold with a palette knife trying to encourage the vertical mark making as seen in the Photoshop version. Way to much paint and not enough marks so I 'tonked' i.e. took the excessive paint off by blotting with flat sheets of newspaper. So I'll allow this to dry and then scumble the rest of the colours and experiment with fluid dribbles. All very visceral!!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger SueC said...

.....mmmm visceral. I love painting in such a way. Usually late into the night with loud music and a glass of red....
Looking good so far. I bet you have loads of fun with this one!

6:05 pm  
Blogger debby emadian said...

I love this....I'm not sure if it's to do with my love of the woods at the moment but just want to walk into this......

8:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home