Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"There be gods ..."


Visited the Ashmolean Museum again; feeling like I have my hand in the sweetie jar. The more I sketched this statue the greater my respect was for the skill of the original artist. I continued my unfinished sketch here using Photoshop working from my photo. I need to go back and draw it again from life. I am sadden by the number of photos that were taken of this god whilst there but no attempt by the visitors to 'see it' personally.

 Yes ...  he is sexy from the rear!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely sketch Lorna :)

I know exactly what you mean about people photographing things without stopping to look at them properly, it’s one of the great joys of sketching, it forces you to stop and look :)

3:45 am  
Blogger Lorna said...

I find that my recall is far better even after a thumbnail sketch.

8:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home