Saturday, January 03, 2009

Spem in alium


'Spem in alium' by Thomas Tallis was the new CD played in my friend's car when we went for a day out in the Cotswolds a few weeks ago. Wow! Listening to this music and my mistranslation of the title as 'Hope in another' started me on developing a painting on my feelings about the evils of the fundamentalism of my local church, St Leonard's.

My friend has since given me a copy of the CD for a Christmas gift. I am most grateful!
I am curious about how you feel about being shown process shots of my work as it develop? I love seeing it an other artist blogs.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger MissT said...

I like this delicate style.

7:49 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I’m not sure I get symbolism between the picture and the church…and I don’t think I need to necessarily….The attention to detail in the foreground is superb:)

I love seeing the various stages of development…the more the merrier :)

1:54 pm  
Blogger JuliaB said...

Hi Lorna!

Happy New Year ..

I like seeing your work and workings and I like this pic very much too! xx

10:22 pm  
Blogger SueC said...

I love the intricacy in the foreground. It must have taken you *ages*!! :-)

3:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home