Thursday, November 20, 2008

A decorative Lorna!

Pencil Self-portrait

Picked up the pencil and drew this in my drawing book this morning. I could relax and not hold my head in a pose drawing from a photograph. Everything was set where it was easy for me to see. Drawing other people is never this much problem!

Miss T has asked; "If you 'cheat' who will you be cheating?" The 'cheat' was not drawing from life as the original commission stipulated. Photography is an intervention between my direct response to my image/self. So now I must search harder to produce a picture with integrity. I am curious now at how far I can push this image and still have a likeness of your truly.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

I like the twinkle in your eyes. Seems to speak much more of you than previous versions... which is interesting given the photographic stage. Maybe it's true that the camera never lies?

1:51 pm  
Blogger SueC said...

I like this pose far better. Much more of your personality on show :-)

2:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home