Friday, May 09, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Well ... for once the photo looks better then the original! I have been glazing the darkness back and adding some mid-tone glazes. I am very unsure about this painting but experience has shown that I should keep going. I may end up where I did not originally planned but it is usually a worth while journey.
Again I have been glazing the figures in the dark areas of the crowds. I do not plan to add any significant colour to the watching people.
I've decided to put M into more shade so this small sketch is trying to work out the shadows.
I've been glazing transparent colours on the figures and painting with more meaty opaque paint on the tree
I, once again, am having to wait for paint to dry. So ... a small thumbnail for the new painting. I shall call it 'Rock and Roll Morris'. I based this on the May Day dancing last week-end.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, you have been busy :)

1:27 pm  
Blogger Lorna said...

... and I still have a afternoon nap!

5:04 pm  
Blogger Ryan Ware said...

Nice work there Lorna :)

Liking the series of the 2 nudes on the canvas

4:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home