Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Sin of Envy is Finished

Envy
'Envy'
canvas, acrylic, oil
30. x 25. cm
Lorna Marrison



I started on 'The Angel and the Seven Deadly Sins' in January. It has been a bit of a slog working on eight canvases at once. I think I have improved my productivity as a result because I could move on to the next canvas when paint needed to dry. However, I have looked at this painting for so long I can no longer decide if it 'works';  so the down side of working like this is that you loose freshness of perception.

 'Envy' is the resentment felt when you think the other person has something you lack. The joke here is that both dancers are played by Martyn Royper who dances for both Armaleggan Morris and Eynsham Morris

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

that's a really great painting Lorna :)

10:36 pm  
Blogger Lorna said...

Coo!

10:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home