Thursday, September 16, 2010

Rose Cottage-finished

Rose Cottage
Acrylic, oil paint on fine linen canvas
Lorna Marrison

Rose Cottage is now finished. House portraits are always exciting because of the implicit need to include a narrative. Helen has asked for her companion pets to be waiting for her by the gate. So Pythius has leapt up on the gate and there is Harvey to the left and the charming Buster on the right but unbeknownst to them there is a little black kitten waiting to be discovered. Can you find him? 

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That’s turned out really well Lorna. I really like the pink flowers, they set the whole painting off beautifully :)
It’s like ‘Where’s Wally’ looking for the kitten, but I think I’ve found him…I won’t spoil the fun for everyone else ;)

9:18 pm  
Blogger debby emadian said...

Yes I can see him too....peeping out of the lovely scene...

10:07 pm  
Blogger REVAD david riley said...

I still love the attitude captured in Buster's tail. I have my eye on the kitten too. The house owner should be proud to hang this on their wall.

1:16 pm  
Blogger Lorna said...

The new owner has now found the kitten and the painting has had a place cleared on her wall for it.

1:56 pm  
Blogger Lorna said...

I have since been told by the new owner of this painting that it has been gifted to the cottage in her will so it will stay there as a record of of this time in it's existence.

Gosh!

8:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home