Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tracing the drawing to the canvas


Jackson's Art has sent the custom sized canvas and I am impressed with it's quality. Joe went the extra mile to get this for me. Good service always gets me as a returning customer.

The refined drawing was scanned and enlarged in Photoshop to the size needed. I am glad that I do not have to grid up a drawing anymore. However, I hate tracing an image because whilst it is accurate in outline it dies as a drawing; for less complicated pictures I prefer to draw direct. I am now painting the greyscale or grisaile under painting in acrylic paint which allows me to organise the darks and lights in the painting. When I am happy with this under painting I will continue in oil paint.


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger debby emadian said...

lovely sketch

8:24 pm  
Blogger Lorna said...

Cheers Debby!

8:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home