Tuesday, September 22, 2009

'Bartholomew Rooms'-finished


I painted the background with acrylic gold. This influenced how I treated this picture from leaving the colour showing with minimum over painting to scratching through to retrieve the gold. This happened when drawing the features of G and M. I could not get the suggestion of their features with paint as all got were blobs at that scale. I started to clean back the failed attempt discovered that scratching through to the under painting work very well.
The result is reminiscent of a religious icon.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love it :)

1:02 pm  
Blogger SueC said...

The effect with the gold is brilliant. Another door triumph !!
I especially like the composition and the way the open doors lead you into the picture. All your other doors are closed???

11:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home