Monday, September 15, 2008

Work in progress


This oil sketch is a continuance of the work started with the little postcard watercolours. It is a small canvas 30.5 x 22.5 cms. I am being bold with placing paint as I do not want to get caught up in detail but concentrate on getting the desired atmosphere. The dark side of the Swinford Toll Bridge has a different feel so I am trying to transfer it to ... almost another world!



I have now started the oil version of Janus. this needs at least a week's rest now to allow the paint to become touch dry.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger MissT said...

really like the other worldly feel of the toll bridge picture - looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

12:10 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice gutsy brushstrokes on the toll bridge one Lorna and your Janus piece is very atmospheric :)

1:12 pm  
Blogger SueC said...

You are getting lots of 'feel' to this toll bridge composition. I'm looking forward to how it develops. Oh the frustration of oils!!

8:54 pm  
Blogger Lorna said...

ahhh! ...Now I panic!

10:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home