Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Hanging my Exhibition

The Punter, Osney Island, Oxford
Today we hung my exhibition at the Punter on Osney Island, Oxford. This is always a scary time because as a artist this is where you put your money were your mouth is .... literally! I have invested time, effort and money in this exhibition. So it was a surprise to discover that the plaster was to fragile to put hooks in and we had to go with the ones the pub put in for their own paintings. However the pub has spacious rooms with a good ambiance.


Sinners
My thanks to Tom Rainey for hosting the exhibition. My love and gratitude to my son Keith who sacrificed some of his sleep whilst on night duty to transport my paintings and help me hang them.

Visions of an Island

'Visions of an Island' collection hung between two huge windows with a view of the River Thames


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger debby emadian said...

Congratulations...it's a good feeling isn't it....

4:45 pm  
Blogger Lorna said...

Thank you Debbie. I've spent a year working towards this exhibition and it's a relief to hang it. It is open for all of May and I will be there each afternoon during the weekends if you would like to meet up?

5:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home