Saturday, December 10, 2011

Oxford Road Sketch

Oxford Road in Eynsham at Night

Wow! I have found designing a painting of sodium light difficult. This will be part of a series of paintings of Eynsham on canvases sized 17.7 x 12.7 cm. Painting to this size means that details need to be limited but  kept tonally accurate. The points that the client was most interested in were the pools of light on the sinuously  curved road.  The night sky above the trees on site was still blue in colour  but the road which was most strongly lit by the street lighting seemed to be in variations of oranges to brown. So the plan now is to start painting this after Christmas. I am finishing of the last few small canvases for Osney before Christmas.  I use my one downstairs living room as a combination sitting room and studio so I need the clean up so there is room for the Christmas tree and visiting guests. :0)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger LucasOwenWilding said...

That looks great on my PC, very evocative. I'm sure it must be even better to see for real.

8:20 pm  
Blogger Lorna said...

Thank you Lucas. Hope you will come back and see the oil paint version in the New Year.

8:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home