Thursday, April 23, 2009

'Rainbow Strike'; process-3


Good weather after the winter can cause all sorts of change of plans and this week has been no exception. So, instead of painting pictures, I have been painting linseed oil onto the garden furniture and 'encouraging' my son to do the garden for me. If he stays to plan there will be more to look at this year when painting out in my gazebo. I hope it will give him as much pleasure as it will give me.

So back to the painting ... it has surprised me by direction it has taken. I had envisioned brightly lit chimneys surrounded by the darkness of the receding rain storm. I am painting a more mysterious darkness with the rainbow being a more solid entity. Paintings do take on forms that were not intended so I will let this run and see where it goes.

Also the time to varnish Miss T's portrait has come. Yesterday I sprayed fixative on first as I had used oil pastels on the top layer and today, with some trepidation as it is such a large painting, I applied the varnish. It has been some time since I had seen the portrait and I am very happy with it still. I had a lot of fun painting it and I hope Miss T still enjoys it.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home