Tuesday, March 31, 2009

'Tree Dancer'

Bright summer day down Pink Hill lane; leaves shimmers in the breeze and an Armaleggan Morris dancer waits to start the dance. Silence for now. Then music will start and all moves to reform to another 'now'.

This is the drawing/painting I am offering to be juried for the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition. My ambitions for it are to be accepted and then to sell it. Then the day dream ambition of winning one of the awards. My family's critique was that it was very "green".

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SueC said...

Green or no, its a brilliant light effect you have there!

6:02 pm  
Blogger Lorna said...

Thank you. I am still at the angst stage... thinking broccoli like trees ...

7:38 pm  
Blogger JuliaB said...

I love this.. it's almost as he's the spirit of spring coming out to play at last..xx

7:53 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is superb Lorna, I love the atmosphere, you’ve really captured the calm and warmth of the moment. Don’t worry about the trees, there’s no broccoli in there :)

8:48 am  
Blogger Lorna said...

I was thinking of shoals of fish or rooks returning to a roost where there is a single entity that shifts, becomes many individuals and then reforms to become a single entity again. Same but different which is why I chose small marks making for this drawing.

9:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home