Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Time to dry



Snaps to show where I have got to with Dryad. Behind her head is darkness with oblique light showing form. The figure is lit in full light. The tree has more light at this level but from a less oblique angle.

The area where I painted M out is in darkness. I have used Artisan Water Mixable Painting Medium mixed with paint for glazing the darks. It works well but takes a seriously long time to dry and the picture must be covered as all the dust will adhere to its surface. When I am in the funds I think I will try a bottle of the Artisan Water Mixable Fast Drying Medium.

So this will be a good time to rest her for a fortnight covered from view. When I return to her I can see with fresh eyes and hopefully not feeling so dark. I shall show pictures from my drawing book during this time.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ian gordon said...

I like picking up these bits and pieces of information about mediums and materials, and look forward to seeing this piece at the stage you consider it finished.

3:25 pm  
Blogger Lorna said...

There is a way to go yet!

Artisan Water Mixable Oil paint is great if you can not work with the fumes from traditional oils. Graham suggested them to me when I was moaning that I did not get on with acrylics.

4:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home