Monday, March 26, 2007

"Bones of steel! "

I have scanned in the whole sketch for the next painting.

I was interested in the idea of strength being the unseen part of me i.e. bones, character and, of course, the fact that inside I was slim ...

I know little of how my skeleton is articulated and looking at anatomy books is not that helpful. I have no idea whese I could spend time with a skeleton.


This is the photo of me with my premature twins a month after they had been born ... they will be 21 years old in a few days time. I was standing and functioning by strength of will ... the flesh was weak.

"Bones of steel! "

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love the direction this strand of your work is going in at the moment Lorna. The “Bones of Steel”, “Constraint” and “A Future” pictures a quite unlike anything I’ve seen you do before…really interesting, can’t wait to see the finished images :)

11:55 pm  
Blogger Lorna said...

These are the part of me that makes people edge very slowly away from me and causes friends to struggle to find the bits they feel safe to comment on. Scares me that I let these visions show.

3:19 am  
Blogger MissT said...

I agree with Graham - I think this are really interesting and seem to come from the 'depths'. Working on these is a brave thing to do and I applaud you for it.

1:39 pm  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

i think they are gorgeous!! I am looking forward to seeing how the skeleton shapes up! I am really pleased to see that you are exploring the skeleton/flesh angle, it is always something that has facinated me too.

3:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home