Saturday, June 18, 2011

Job Application

Lorna as Designer


I graduated in 2000 with a 2.1 graphic design and illustration but for family reasons was unable to apply for a designer job. I am angst ridden on writing a cover letter for a job as a junior designer at the OUP in Oxford. So instead of writing I thought of the more unconvential idea of doing it as an illustration saying something about me. My cv tells them about my skill sets but I feel the cover letter is suppose to say why 'they' should employ you.

My reality is that I am a fat middle age women who needs a job and whose greatest talent is being able to think outside the box but suffers from lack of confidence.

So do you think sending in an illustration is a good idea.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger keith marrison said...

Simply put Yes! Its origional and outside the box but will need to be balanced with a short cover letter possibly printed on the reverse of the pic!

8:08 pm  
Blogger debby emadian said...

You look fantastic...good luck with the job application...Deb

2:48 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

agree with Keith, great idea, but needs short covering letter also. fingers crossed :)

1:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home