Monday, July 27, 2009

'Dave; The Eynsham Morris Dancer'-drawing


A drawing of Dave from one of my photographs. The great thing about photographs for portrait work is that you can take time to explore a face in intimacy and detail. Getting this close with the model would freak them out. When I draw from life next time I will have a better understanding of his face. All I need now is a bit of warm summer as the pose is outside in my garden.

Click on the image to enlarge and see the detail of the pencil work.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger SueC said...

Love the detail...and you have captured him really well. Its difficult enough to draw a life-like face, but to get the personality in as well as something else!

5:40 pm  
Blogger Lorna said...

Thank you ... the detail was so that I could 'learn' his face.

5:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home